Spring State TA applications are now closed.
Dates are November 1st to December 9th
Important Spring semester announcement:
Due to the expanded number of applications and authorizations using the State Tuition Assistance Program, funding authorizations may be revised based on the available funding and the number of applicants. This may cause students to be responsible for any tuition costs not covered by State Tuition Assistance due to a revision in the authorization. Students may request an increase in Federal Tuition Assistance (if eligible) funding to help cover these costs.
In addition, adding courses above the initial State Tuition Assistance authorization is not guaranteed to be approved. (this is not a new disclosure, but has usually been approved previously)
If needed, priority of the date of a completed application file may be used.
Summer State TA funding may be unavailable or limited.
Prospective Students/Members of CONG
Welcome to the Colorado State Tuition Assistance web page. Here you will find information on how and when to apply for Tuition Assistance, program information and eligibility, and the participating institutions.
For additional information please email the State Tuition Assistance Program Manager Joni Fernandez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The State TA office does not handle Federal Tuition Assistance benefits. If you have question about Federal Tuition Assistance please contact:
CO Army National Guard Education Office
CO Air National Guard Education Office
Reminder, you must apply for State TA every semester!
Please continue to check back regarding updates
Application packets must be complete and submitted online by the deadline in order to be considered. Any other deadline dates in SM Apply are not accurate, only the dates on the State TA webpage are correct.
To view the Tuition Assistance Video please visit: https://youtu.be/9iK23Ha7khM
State Tuition Assistance Overview
The State TA is a program designed to assist (Army/Air) CO National Guard members with the expense of tuition at public institutions. Currently, the State TA Program awards up to 100% of tuition ONLY (after COF /per semester) and cannot exceed $5000/ semester.
State Tuition Assistance is ONLY available to members serving in the CO National Guard.
- Title 32: Traditional (M-Day)
- Federal Technician
- One-Time-Occasional-Tour (OTOT)
- Title 10: Deployment/Call up
Ineligible Service Status:
- Title 10: Active Duty (not part of CO National Guard)
- Title 38 Veteran/Retiree
Students must meet State TA program Requirements to receive funding.
State TA Program Requirements:
- 6 months of service in the CO National Guard prior to start of semester
- Meet CO National Guard performance requirements
- ETS Date (End Term of Service) on/after the semester end date
- Enrolled in a State TA approved institution
- Maintain a CGPA of 2.5 or better
- Meet all school continuing requirements.
A student is no longer eligible for State TA once they have reached an Aggregate Cap.
- 132 semester hours OR
- 8 year’s total use of the program.
*Aggregate caps are based on whichever cap is reached first! The State TA Office tracks Aggregate Caps.
A list of approved state schools, application dates, and application links (each semester) are provided below.
*Funding is NOT guaranteed and subject to change, based on funding availability. State TA eligibility caps: 132 credit hours or 8 years (whichever is reached first).
*State TA will give priority funding to students pursuing their first degree of that level (E.g. a first bachelors degree). Students pursuing a second degree of the same level may still apply for State TA but are not guaranteed funding.
Adjustments to Funding
Funding is NOT guaranteed and subject to change. Reasons for funding adjustment include (but are not necessarily limited to):
- According to CRS 23-7.4-302 State TA funding up to 100% of tuition is based on available appropriations.
- Changes to total registered credit hours (before the add/drop deadline)
- Reception of alternate/additional funding (funding received may not exceed 100% of tuition total)
Adjustments to funding, caused by changes to total registered credit hours and/or reception of additional funding, do not require the student to notify the State Tuition Assistance office. The changes are automatically reported by the schools and the amounts adjusted by the State TA office. Students agree to assume all responsibility for tuition expenses beyond the amount approved by the State Tuition Assistance Office. This includes tuition expenses for classes they may have added to their schedule or had previously waitlisted.
- Adams State University
- Aims Community College
- Arapahoe Community College
- Colorado Mesa University
- Colorado Mountain College
- Colorado Northwestern Community College
- Colorado School of Mines
- Colorado State University at Ft. Collins & Online Plus
- Colorado State University – Global
- Colorado State University at Pueblo
- Community College of Aurora
- Community College of Denver
- Emily Griffith Technical College
- Fort Lewis College
- Front Range Community College
- Lamar Community College
- Metropolitan State University of Denver
- Morgan Community College
- Northeastern Junior College
- Otero Junior College
- Pickens Technical College
- Pikes Peak Community College
- Pueblo Community College
- Red Rocks Community College
- Southwest Colorado Community College
- Technical College of the Rockies
- Trinidad State Junior College
- University of Colorado at Boulder
- University of Colorado at Colorado Springs
- University of Colorado at Denver
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center
- University of Northern Colorado
- Western Colorado University
Questions should be directed to:
Thank you for your interest!